Baler Trip 2012: Day 1 - The Mother Falls

The image on the right is not yet the Mother Falls but I would say an extension.

Another falls that can be found in San Luis, Baler. Going here is very tough, better have a 4x4 type of vehicle because the road is roughly enough that can cause damage to the vehicle.

I remember while on transit, we passed by a couple who rented a tricycle, also going to Mother Falls. They were stranded because they're waiting for the driver to fix the tricycle.  :(


Basically, it's called Mother Falls because it is bigger than the Kaunayan Falls.
It is actually a hydro power source, and as I was told, it helps supply electricity for the town of San Luis, Aurora.

OK, going to the Mother Falls starts here:


No one gave me a heads up that we'll trek and cross some streams... Kuya Jeff only told me that it would take only 20mins walk from here to see the falls.... Hehehe no wonder only four (Kuya Jeff, Jeia, Boy and I) of us went to see the falls... 

So their we were, trekking and crossing streams...








Jeia, Kuya Jeff and Boy. At their back is a long pipe for hydro electricity.

Loooong way to go... Hehehe







After 30mins of exhausting trek and crossing streams, that my camera almost submerge into the water; All our efforts were rewarded when I saw the falls. We took a quick swim, just to experience the water (the water is so cold) then went back home, ending our Baler Day1 surprisingly adventureful.

In the images, the falls may seem near, but actually, it was a bit far from where I was standing. I think I was 20-30 meters away from the falls. It was misty, and my camera is already wet when I took these shots.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search here...